Call Now For A Free Quote
*Quotes only - we do not have information about existing policies. We cannot guarantee coverage for a specific carrier or coverage in a specific state.
West Coast Life Insurance Company
A West Coast Innovator
The West Coast Life Insurance Company was founded in 1906, sixteen days before the great earthquake of San Francisco. They immediately set up temporary offices, and began to offer reconstruction loans, including to the City of San Francisco. Their business thrived, and has been an innovator in life insurance ever since. Among their firsts are the following:
- First American life insurance company in Hawaii, the Philippines, China, and Hong Kong
- First group policy west of the Mississippi
- First unemployment disability policy
- First last-survivor universal life policy
In 1997, the West Coast Life Insurance Company merged with another strong company, Protective Life to become part of the Protective Life Group. West Coast Life Insurance Company has total assets of $2.5 billion, with net life insurance of $172 billion.
West Coast Life Insurance Plans
- C Series
- Reasonably priced level premiums of 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 year terms.
- Available age range of 15 to 85
- Minimum face value of $100,000
- Conversion privileges
- Accelerated death benefit
- Optional waiver of premium, children’s insurance, and accidental death benefit riders
- Golden Legacy Term and last Survivor Term
- A joint and last survivor term life policy that expires at a joint attained age of 95.
- Accelerated death benefit of $15,000 to $250,000 in case of a terminal illness
- Guaranteed level premiums for the initial term policy. Then, premiums increase annually to age 85, at which point they increase every 5 years.
- Convertible without proving insurability. Must convert before the joint age of 75
- Split option rider is available in the event of divorce or changes in legislation that undermine the estate planning advantages of this policy
Financial Ratings for West Coast Life
A.M. Best: A+
Standard and Poor’s: AA
The financial strength of a company and potential for prolonged survival are represented by the above ratings.
West Coast Life Insurance Company Information
343 Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
* Life-Insurance-Info.us is not a life insurance broker or carrier, and cannot issue life insurance policies. We are not associated with the company or companies profiled on this page and Life-Insurance-Info.us make no representation, express or implied, that you will receive a quote from the company profiled herein. This site provides free information on insurance providers and coverage options. Products and policies may not be available in all states, and product information is subject to change without notice. Please contact the insurance company directly to answer your policy inquiries.