Call Now For A Free Quote
*Quotes only - we do not have information about existing policies. We cannot guarantee coverage for a specific carrier or coverage in a specific state.
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
The Largest Life Insurance Company in the US
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife) was founded in 1863 in New York City. It initially insured Civil War sailors and soldiers against disability and sickness related to the war. It has grown until it is the largest insurance company in the US, not only insuring the general public, but over 88 percent of the Fortune 500 companies. Through its history, this company has supported urban renewal projects. It has also been named as one of the “top 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers.” It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of its parent company, the international giant, MetLife Group. MetLife has total assets of over $244 billion, with $2.8 trillion life insurance in force.
Metlife Insurance Products
The MetLife Insurance Company offers a full line of life insurance products, both permanent life insurance and term life insurance. The company offers three term life products, designed to fill the different needs of both the individual and business consumer:
- One Year Term Insurance
- Good for supplementing other coverage when there is an unusual financial burden for a short time.
- May be renewed for one year at a time until the age of 95, regardless of your health.
- Each year, the premium increases for the same amount of coverage
- Convertible before the age of 60
- Scheduled Term Insurance
- Plans are purchased for a set term, i.e., 10,15, 20, 25, or 30 years
- Must be renewed annually, but no medical exam is required.
- Convertible to a permanent policy until the age of 60
- Premiums may change yearly.
- Level Term Insurance
- Guaranteed level premium payments for the purchased term of 10, 15, 20, or 30 years.
- Renewable to age 95
- Convertible to permanent coverage until the age of 90.
Financial ratings for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
A.M. Best: A+
Standard and Poor’s: AA
The financial strength of a company and potential for prolonged survival are represented by the above ratings.
MetLife Company Information
One Madison Avenue
New York, New York 10010
* Life-Insurance-Info.us is not a life insurance broker or carrier, and cannot issue life insurance policies. We are not associated with the company or companies profiled on this page and Life-Insurance-Info.us make no representation, express or implied, that you will receive a quote from the company profiled herein. This site provides free information on insurance providers and coverage options. Products and policies may not be available in all states, and product information is subject to change without notice. Please contact the insurance company directly to answer your policy inquiries.