Life of Georgia Insurance Company
Life of Georgia (also known as Insurance Company of Georgia) was established in 1891 by five Georgians as a company that provided life insurance to the working class – providing affordable premiums based on what their customers could pay.
Over the years, they were purchased by the Dutch company ING; in May 2005 Life of Georgia was purchased by Jackson National Life Insurance Company. Life of Georgia has approximately 1.6 million policies, and total revenues of $295 million reported in 2002.
In addition to life insurance, Life of Georgia offers other financial services and retirement planning services (annuities, retirement plans, direct banking and mutual funds).
Insurance Plans Offered by Life of Georgia
As part of Jackson National Life Insurance, Life of Georgia provides a variety of term life insurance policies, including:
- 30 year term life insurance
- 20 year term life insurance
- 15 year term life insurance
- 10 year term life insurance
- Convertible policy – convert your term life insurance policy to a permanent policy at no extra cost
- Terminal illness benefit – for those diagnosed with a terminal illness, allows insured to withdraw up to 100% of policy’s face amount
- Waiver of premium – allows you to stop paying premiums in the event you become disabled and are unable to earn an income; this rider protects the policy from being canceled even when you are unable to make payments
- Accidental death benefit rider – add this rider to indicate that an additional benefit will be paid to the beneficiary in the event that your death is accidental; also known as “double indemnity”
- Children insurance rider – provides additional coverage for your children
A full line of permanent life insurance policies are also available.
Life of Georgia Company Ratings
AM Best: A+
Standard & Poors: AA
The financial strength of a company and potential for prolonged survival are represented by the above ratings.
About Jackson National Life Insurance
Jackson National Life Insurance Company was founded in 1961, starting as a single-channel insurance company offering few products to a $65 billion firm offering multiple products through multiple distribution channels throughout the United States.
Life of Georgia Insurance Company Information
Headquarters: Atlanta, GA
* Life-Insurance-Info.us is not a life insurance broker or carrier, and cannot issue life insurance policies. We are not associated with the company or companies profiled on this page and Life-Insurance-Info.us make no representation, express or implied, that you will receive a quote from the company profiled herein. This site provides free information on insurance providers and coverage options. Products and policies may not be available in all states, and product information is subject to change without notice. Please contact the insurance company directly to answer your policy inquiries.