Bankers Life and Casualty
Bankers Life and Casualty Company was founded in 1879 by a group of hotel owners who needed insurance. It has grown into one of the largest US providers of lifestyle protection and retirement savings products for seniors. This innovative company was one of the first in this country to offer Medicare supplement insurance and nursing home insurance. Conseco Group is a Fortune 500 Company, with over 5 million customers. The goal of these companies is to provide services for working families and seniors.
Bankers Life and Casualty Company has over $6.9 billion in total assets and over $2,235 million in insurance policies in force. It offers various term life, permanent life, and universal life insurance products.
Banker's Life and Casualty Term Products
- Term life insurance policies are available for coverage up to age 80.
- Level term insurance is available. Both the death benefit and the premium can remain level for the length of the policy—or “term.”
- Decreasing term insurance is usually purchased to cover the length of a loan. Over time, the balance of the loan is less, so less coverage is needed. Premiums also decrease.
- Credit life insurance is similar to decreasing life in that the policy is bought to assure that a purchase such as a car or large credit card balance would be paid off Once the debt is paid, the insurance coverage ends.
- Increasing term insurance increases both the benefit and the premium at a set rate over time. The advantage of this type is that a premium would be locked in and increased insurance would be available without additional medical exams.
Banker's Life Ratings
Standard and Poor’s: BB+
A.M. Best: B+++
The financial strength of a company and potential for prolonged survival are represented by the above ratings.
Bankers Life and Casualty Company Information
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, IL 60654
* Life-Insurance-Info.us is not a life insurance broker or carrier, and cannot issue life insurance policies. We are not associated with the company or companies profiled on this page and Life-Insurance-Info.us make no representation, express or implied, that you will receive a quote from the company profiled herein. This site provides free information on insurance providers and coverage options. Products and policies may not be available in all states, and product information is subject to change without notice. Please contact the insurance company directly to answer your policy inquiries.