Aetna Life Insurance Company
Aetna is one of the largest providers of health care, dental, pharmacy, group life, disability, and long-term care insurance and employee benefits in the United States. Aetna Life Insurance Company began selling life insurance in 1850. Since that time, Aetna has expanded into health care specialties; however, Aetna continues to also provide group life insurance, group long term care insurance and group disability insurance. Aetna customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans and government-sponsored plans.
Aetna Life Insurance Products
Aetna's benefits are largely provided through employers in all 50 states, with options for companies of all sizes.
Aetna LIFE Insurance Ratings
A.M. Best: A
Standard & Poor's: AA-
The financial strength of a company and potential for prolonged survival are represented by the above ratings.
Aetna Life Insurance Awards
- #2 on Fortune’s Most Admired Companies list (2005)
- #42 on Training Magazine’s Top 100 Training Companies list (2005)
- HERA Award by American Health Insurance Plans (2001)
- "Stevie" Award for best business turnaround (2004)
- #28 on Business Ethics' 100 Best Corporate Citizen’s list (2004)
Aetna's focus is on meeting customers' needs, by introducing innovative products, delivering strong customer service and providing easy-to-understand information. The result of their mission is a wide range of health and benefits options that deliver a valuable difference. Aetna has three segments of benefits: the health care segment (includes health and dental plans), group insurance (group life insurance, group disability insurance and long-term care insurance), and the large case pension segment (manages a variety of retirement products including pension and annuity products for benefit and contribution plans).
* Life-Insurance-Info.us is not a life insurance broker or carrier, and cannot issue life insurance policies. We are not associated with the company or companies profiled on this page and Life-Insurance-Info.us make no representation, express or implied, that you will receive a quote from the company profiled herein. This site provides free information on insurance providers and coverage options. Products and policies may not be available in all states, and product information is subject to change without notice. Please contact the insurance company directly to answer your policy inquiries.